wapa-announce - [Wapa-announce ] Correction - ORH Vehicle Access

wapa-announce AT lists.worcesterapa.org

[Wapa-announce ] Correction - ORH Vehicle Access

  • From: "George Clark" <george AT worcesterapa.org>
  • To: wapa-announce AT worcesterapa.org
  • Subject: [Wapa-announce ] Correction - ORH Vehicle Access
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:15:25 -0500

Hi all,

Sorry for the extra e-mail, but it's been pointed out to me that the vehicle
access stickers have changed this year, and it's good news. Savings worth
about 15 minutes of flight (Your milage may vary).

> It is actually $15 regardless of number of vehicles. Only one pass will
> be given to each badge holder. If you have multiple vehicles you need
> to move it from car to car.

George

----------------------

Hi all,

There will be a TFR over Boston tomorrow Sunday Jan 17th.
- EFFECTIVE 1001171900 UTC (1400 LOCAL 01/17/10)
- UNTIL 1001172200 UTC (1700 LOCAL 01/17/10)

President Obama will be visiting Boston as part of the Senate campaign. As of
now, the FAA does not have a charted version of the TFR posted yet, and AOPA
has not added it to their list.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_1886.html

Also a quick reminder that the paper Pilot Certificates will become invalid
after March 31, 2010. If still carry around the paper pilot certificate, it
will not be valid for use after March. (And it's a good time to get the
"English Proficiency" statement added as well). This does not apply to
Temporary, student, and flight instructor certificates.

You can apply online and cost is $2, unless you are removing your SSN from
your
Certificate. And it appears that you will most likely need to request another
account and password. The FAA Medical, and SPANS accounts don't work for the
FAA Registry site.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/logon.asp

ORH Pilots: The 2010 vehicle access stickers are now available at ORH airport
security. Cost is $15 per vehicle. Payment only by check, and you need to
bring proof of insurance.

And a reminder that the NEXT WAPA MEETING will be February 3. Jim Adams is
organizing a safety seminar, and we are anticipating a presentation by the
Aspen rep for our area.

  • [Wapa-announce ] Correction - ORH Vehicle Access, George Clark, 01/16/2010

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page